Operation Clean Sweep
VARIBOX is produced at locations that have embraced the Operation Clean Sweep® (OCS) pledge. Producing most plastic products, including the VARIBOX, starts with pellets. These are small plastic granules as made by raw material suppliers. Waste of such pellets can occur at all stages of the chain, including production, handling, transport and recycling. To tackle the waste of plastic pellets, the Operation Clean Sweep® program has been launched.
Prevent pellet loss in the environment
VARIBOX is produced at locations that have embraced the Operation Clean Sweep® (OCS) pledge. With OCS, the plastics industry is committed to providing solutions to prevent marine litter. With the signing of the OCS promise, we recognise the importance of preventing plastic waste. In order to fulfil the 6 promises of this programme, several measures have been taken.
The six promises of Operation Clean Sweep
- Improve production design to prevent and tackle spills
- Creating and publishing internal procedures to achieve zero loss of industrial plastic material
- Ensure training and accountability of employees for spill prevention, containment, clean-up and removal
- Regular performance audits
- Comply with all applicable international and national regulations for the containment of industrial plastics
- Encourage partners to pursue the same goals
The goal: Less plastic in the oceans
We know that plastics are essential: the safety offered by the VARIBOX is made possible by the strength and chemical resistance of our polyethylene products. Plastic can thus help protect and transport dangerous goods. We can responsibly enjoy these benefits and at the same time dispose of or recycle used plastics properly.
The OCS programme has been running in Europe since 2015. The methods in this programme have already contributed to effective corrective measures in many companies in the plastics industry worldwide. We encourage partners to participate. For more information, see the OCS website: www.opcleansweep.eu OCS is part of the global Marine Litter Solutions project, the plastics industry’s initiative to protect our seas and oceans.