The VARIBOX FC and VARIBOX SC are Reusable IBCs (Intermediate Bulk Containers), the perfect solution to your chemical transportation and storage needs. Through its unique design and heavy-duty construction, the VARIBOX has a lifetime up to 10 years! By using the extractor tube on top at the VARIBOX FC or the heavy-duty valve at the bottom of the VARIBOX SC, minimal residue will be left in the IBC. This minimizes waste and enables safe transport, trip after trip, year after year.
IBCs designed for reuse
What is the circular economy strategy reuse? It consists of reusing a product for the same purpose, in its original form, and without altering or enhancing it. Reusing compared to recycling preserves more of its embedded value in terms of energy, materials, labour and capital.
The VARIBOX IBC has been designed for reuse:
- It follows modular design principles, as the Varibox is built from roto-moulded parts (pallets, inner bottles and covers) that can be combined into several versions. The product is easy to maintain, and it doesn’t contain multi-layer-material or other inseparable materials, so the VARIBOX components can be easily prepared for further uses.
- VARIBOX products are of high quality and last longer than “classical IBC” alternatives, it has been designed for intensive usage for many years. The inner bottle must be changed after up to 5 years*, according to ADR regulations, with a new inner bottle the VARIBOX is ready for the next 5 years.
- The VARIBOX has an all plastic design, without exterior steel parts, that provides you with a corrosion-free corporate image year after years.
*For Hydrofluoric acid and Nitric acid with a concentration superior to 55%, ADR regulation requires the inner bottle to be changed after 2 years.
Benefits of reusable IBCs in a circular economy
Reusing your IBC preserves more of its embedded value than recycling it, which is generally costlier and a more energy-intensive process. This refers to the “power of the inner circle”, the activity of reusing a product or packaging is often preferred, from a Circular Economy point of view.
Advantages reusable IBCs will provide its owner and end-user:
- Customer loyalty and chemical distributor commitment to sustainability
- No IBC’s end-of-life management required from the end-user
- Improved IBC quality (heavy-duty valve, pallet)
- Help you reach your internal sustainability goals
Moreover, the longer your IBC can be reused, the lesser you will need IBCs to realise the same number of use cycles. Overall, the costs and emissions are reduced by reusing packaging, as well as, providing owner and end-users with additional advantages.
Reusable IBCs vs. Single-use IBCs
Our reusable IBC is made by rotational moulding. With its high wall thickness, the VARIBOX has improved mechanical and chemical resistance. Therefore, reusable IBCs like the VARIBOX provides you with long-lasting services. When the IBC needs to be returned to the distributor to be reused, the packaging needs to be durable as well as easily cleaned. Financial investments and the added environmental impact that comes with the production, return logistic, and maintenance of the VARIBOX are compensated, as the costs and emissions are spread out over multiple uses cycles of the same packaging.
Every VARIBOX has a lifetime of 10 years. Compared to a “standard” IBC which has an average life-time of one year, that is an environmental benefit. If you compare a VARIBOX with standard IBC that means that you need ten “standard” IBC’s for just one VARIBOX. So, by using the VARIBOX SC or FC fewer plastics and other materials are being used, which is much better for the environment.
Do you have any specific questions regarding our reusable IBCs or do you want additional information? Please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +31 570 660 711